Youth Ministry Position
First Baptist Church of Olive Hill is seeking a bi-vocational youth pastor/youth ministry leader. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call FBC Olive Hill at 606-286-4191 if you have any questions. Below is the job description.
First Baptist Church of Olive Hill
Youth Pastor/Youth Ministry Leader
Bi-vocational/Part-time (Salary: $10,000 - $12,000)
15-20 hours a week
The youth pastor/youth ministry leader is responsible to the Senior Pastor for the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ through developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive program of Youth Ministry (6th through 12th grades) at First Baptist Church of Olive Hill.
The youth pastor/youth ministry leader must:
· Be a professing believer in Jesus Christ.
· Have a daily and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Be called to youth ministry.
· Be passionate about youth, reaching youth for Christ, and discipling youth.
· Be willing to meet youth where they are, and relate to them with grace, love, compassion, and concern.
· Have knowledge of youth culture and trends.
· Be a team player, willing to work with the Senior Pastor, leaders, and volunteers within the church.
· Have excellent communication, organizational skills, and be creative.
· Have the ability to cast a vision for your ministry in compliance with church vision set by the Senior Pastor.
· Pass a background check.
The youth pastor/youth ministry leader will:
· Be responsible for the youth ministry, which encompasses 6th through 12th grade for First Baptist Church of Olive Hill.
· Lead and serve as the main teacher for students on Sunday mornings (Sunday school), Sunday nights (FBC Small Groups), and Wednesday nights.
· Work alongside the Senior Pastor to plan and implement youth ministry events, programs, and camps. Work alongside other ministry leaders for church-wide events, as needed.
· Mentor, lead, counsel students.
· Recruit, train, empower, and groom adult volunteers for the youth ministry. Be flexible, overseeing the developing a ministry for volunteer involvement. Plan, schedule, and recruit adult volunteers for special events, including camps, retreats, lock-ins, fellowship outings, etc.
· Organize and recommend a budget for youth ministry to the Senior Pastor and Finance Committee.
· Use social media to promote events, youth ministry, and to interact/contact the kids and parents. Interact with the youth outside of the church whenever possible.
· Keep parents informed about youth ministry. Partner with parents and guardians regarding youth ministry and youth needs.
· Keep youth ministry attendance and assist in background checks for volunteers.